Wilson Group is a people centric organisation. Everything we do is for the protection, safety, comfort and health of the community.
Wilson Group is committed to improving relationships in the communities in which we operate. Our Corporate Social Responsibility Strategy specifically recognises the importance of wellbeing of people and communities, conducting business sustainably and fostering a work environment that supports inclusion, diversity, health and safety.
We recognise that significant barriers exist throughout Australia towards Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
In March 2017, Wilson Group officially launched its ‘Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan” this was endorsed by Reconciliation Australia (RA) and formalises our commitment to contributing to closing the gap between First Australians and other Australians in employment, education and economic participation.
We are committed to delivering opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples that achieve sustainable outcomes through supporting the creation of innovative opportunities. We will continue to improve our engagement with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people communities and will also raise awareness through the promotion of our RAP to our staff and clients.
Our RAP is based around effective and achievable outcomes –
• Management structure – Appointment of Indigenous Engagement Manager Mr Jim Mi Mi
• Human Resources – Employment and Development – Cultural awareness, employment and training
• State Committee – Sustainable Suppliers graduate programmes, education assistance
• Strategic Development – Partnerships sponsorships, indigenous suppliers, cooperation
• Customers – Value culturally safe and inclusive environment, leading indigenous supply chain
• Tracking progress and reporting – achievements, annual reporting.
Our RAP is integral to Wilson Groups reconciliation efforts and overall business diversity. Our RAP provides a framework that brings together Wilson Group initiatives and commitments to Indigenous individuals and communities, articulates clear actions and realistic targets and makes a public declaration of our strong intent to deliver.
Image : Original artwork titled "Spiritual Journey of Unity" by Hazel Cowburn in support of the Wilson Reconciliation Action Plan.