Wilson Security has become Australia's largest provider of security personnel and integrated security solutions, emphasising direct service delivery, excellence, and innovation.
Commencing security operations in 2000 in Melbourne, Wilson Security acquired several security businesses nationwide, including MSA Security in WA, City Eastern in NSW, the ADESC patrols business and Global Security Management Pty Ltd in the Pilbara. These strategic acquisitions established a strong national footprint and set the foundation for the organisation's future growth.
During these early years, the business capability was recognised by the security market through the award of significant contracts for the provision of security services to Arts SA in 2006, the Department of Defence as a sub-contract to Transfield Services in 2007, ANZ in 2008, and further expanded its offer to include medical and emergency response in far North Queensland and the Pilbara region of WA.
We now boast an authentic branch presence in every state and territory (WA, TAS, SA, NT, ACT, VIC, NSW, QLD), focusing on serving capital cities and regional centres.
Below are the significant milestones in Wilson Security's history from 2014 onwards:
- Wilson Security Pty Ltd. was established as a fully owned subsidiary.
- Wilson Security was the exclusive provider of security services for Australia’s G20 summit in Brisbane.
- Wilson Security was awarded the Defence contract for VIC, TAS, WA, NT and South NSW.
- Acquired the commercial security operations of ISS in Australia and ISS’s First Security business in New Zealand – becoming the largest security company in Australia and New Zealand.
- Commenced operations in TAS.
In response to the market need for a national patrol service supported by leading attendance verification technology, Wilson Security invested heavily in launching RAPID and building the largest national mobile patrol infrastructure of company-owned vehicles driven by a directly employed workforce.
The acquisition of JASP in Alice Springs, Lex Security in SA, Verifect in Sunshine Coast and Advance in Victoria established Wilson Security as Australia's largest supplier of a national mobile patrol service.
We created a solid foundation for greater engagement with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples through a Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP), endorsed by Reconciliation Australia at the Innovate level.
We made some great strides in our first RAP, developing 13 Memorandum of Understanding’s with various Traditional Owner groups about Wilson and communities can work together to keep communities safe, spending in excess of $4M AUD with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander businesses and employing more than 150 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Wilson Security acquired security technology integration business, Tronsec.
- Commenced security operations in Katherine and Townsville
- Wilson Security provided security services at the 2018 Gold Coast Commonwealth Games
- Our integrated security model further evolved, including technology and corporate risk services.
- Wilson Security launches the STRIVE Awards. STRIVE formally recognises and acknowledges employees who have demonstrated our values and who have gone above and beyond their normal duties to make a positive difference to our people, customers and the communities we operate in to achieve our purpose of Creating Enduring Value.
- Launched the Innovating Security for Tomorrow client symposium event series.
- Our CAMPUS Customer Service Excellence training program received awards at the 2022 Australian Service Excellence Awards (ASEA) and the globally recognised Outstanding Security Performance Awards presented by the Australian Security Industry.
- Rio Tinto contract commenced, with approximately 100 staff working across 24 sites, covering everything from a 24/7 control room based in Perth to remote villages, townships, Airports and Gate Houses.
- Wilson Security is awarded the prestigious Security and Estate Groups' 'Base Services Contractor of the Year Award'.
- Wilson Security won the Australian Security Industry Association Limited (ASIAL) Security Industry Awards for Excellence in the 'Electronic Security Installation Over $100,000' category.
- At the 2023 ASIAL Awards, one of our Covert Security officers in Queensland won the 2023 Australian Security Medal of Valour, the most prestigious recognition an industry can award to an individual.
- We launched our second ‘Innovate’ Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP), reaffirming our commitment to reconciliation. Building on the partnerships and relationships developed since 2017, this RAP ensures we take stronger steps to encourage our business to make Reconciliation everyone’s business, every day.
- Wilson Security's inaugural ESG report launched.